Bill's Blog

Friday, August 05, 2005

A Movie Out of My Childhood

Last night I was flipping through the channels trying to find something to put on in the background as I read through The Secret Man. FoxFamily was running Flight of the Navigator, a 1986 movie about a boy, David, who disappears for eight years and returns to his family un-aged. At the time of David's return, a spaceship is recovered nearby by NASA. David tries to make sense of it all and get his life back.

This is a great flick, suitable for kids of all ages. I wish the kids were home last night or that I had caught it early enough to tape it. It's now on our Blockbuster queue for some good ol' nostalgia.

If you have never seen this movie, I'd recommend getting your hands on a copy and sitting down with the family. Good flick, funny, and clean. Rated PG.

Notes of Interest:
-Paul Reubens (PeeWee Herman) is the voice of Max, the spacecraft.
-A young Sarah Jessica Parker makes an appearance or two.
-Howard Hesseman of Head of the Class fame, is head of NASA.
-Director Randal Kleiser also directed Grease.

Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home