Bill's Blog

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Justice Roberts

John Roberts Jr. was sworn in as Chief Justice today after being confirmed by the Senate 78-22 this morning. I previously wrote about his nomination to the high court and what I hoped to see out of the confirmation hearings. I was satisfied by his answers to Senate questioning during hearing. He clearly stated that he would weigh each case against the constitution and previous precedent and would not allow his personal views to sway his decisions one way or the other. No objections were found in his previous cases while a judge on the Court of Appeals, so barring some unforeseen circumstances, I think I'll be happy with him on the bench.

I wish him luck in leading the Court.

Now I want to know if he'll keep the Rehnquist Stripes?

NYT: Ceremony Follows Senate Vote Confirming Nomination

Tags: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home